Found her on the 1920 DeWitt, Onondaga, New York census (dist 50 img 30) age 5.
Found her on the 1930 DeWitt, Onondaga, New York census (dist 214 img 7) as Mildred Littleboy
Mildred L. Evans, of 706 North Center Street, East Syracuse, died at home on Feb. 3, 1999 after a four-month fight with relapsed breast cancer. She won an initial battle after a mastectomy in 1995.
She was born Aug. 12, 1914, the daughter of Elizabeth Jane (Casber) and William Littleboy, who was for many years the foreman and mastersmith at the Benedict Silver factory in East Syracuse. She lived most of her adult life at 305 East Ellis Street in the village. She graduated from East Syracuse High School in 1931.
Millie's husband Harold 'Shake' Evans, a former East Syracuse village justice and DeWitt town councilor died in 1983. Her brother Therod Littleboy died in 1996.
She is survived by children Peggy Ryan, Howard Evans and Dona Clark and Georgia (Evans) and Ken Scheibel, and her brother, Grover Littleboy, all of East Syracuse. Also surviving are grandchildren, Sue Scheibel of Clay, Ken and Sandy Scheibel of Henrietta, Mike and Barbie Scheibel of Fabius, Ed and Sue Scheibel of Marcellus, Ron Scheibel of Elbridge and Kevin Ryan of East Syracuse as well as twelve great-grandchildren and seven nephews and nieces.
Mildred was employed by A&P Foods, Pinkerton Detective Agency, Maley's Muffler, Homefood Service, RichPlan Foods, Firestone Tire and First Trust and Deposit in various clerical and bookkeeping positions. She retired as a secretary from East Syracuse-Minoa Schools in 1980. With daughter Peggy, she owned and operated Independent Temporaries from 1978 to 1997.
Mildred was a member of the First Presbyterian Church of East Syracuse, and its successor, the First United Church of East Syracuse. She served variously as a Sunday school teacher, superintendent of Sunday schools, church elder and as a member and president of the United Women.
In the early 1960's, Mildred was vice-president and then president of the Greater East Syracuse Boys' Club. She was membership committee chair and director of the Greater East Syracuse Chamber of Commerce. She served for nearly 20 years as secretary of the Citizens Party of East Syracuse, and was a candidate for village trustee in 1989. She was a member and chair of the East Syracuse Housing Authority from 1979 to 1984, and a village Bingo inspector. Millie also served as an election inspector in village and general elections over the past 20 years.
Millie always had an easy smile, a smart comment and a hand outstretched to help anyone who asked. She will be very much missed by her family and friends. Her family wishes to thank her friends and the Hospice staff and volunteers who tended, sat with and visited her during her illness - particularly Margie Usiatynski, one of the nicest people God ever made, who has literally been Millie's guardian angel since she became incapacitated.
Calling hours were held at Delaney and Greabell Funeral Home at 241 Kinne Street, East Syracuse. The wake was held at the First United Church at 6641 Franklin Park Drive, East Syracuse with services at noon and a reception immediately following at the church. The family asks that donations be made in Mildred's name to Hospice of Central New York, the American Cancer Society and the Central New York Humane Association. Marcellus Observer February 10, 1999